Friday, October 16, 2009

Return by: Jose Gautier Benitez Reflection

This poem is a really touching emotional poem for the love Puerto Rico, specifically San Juan. This poem brings to light the love for a country exemplified in beautiful fine language. It depicts a setting of someone sailing over the seas to reach their beloved land of San Juan puerto Rico. One of my favorite lines in this poem is when Benitez says:

And there on the dark background

that its mountains give it,

under a beautiful , pure sky

enclosed in its white wall

my most lovely San Juan.

This line shows the authentencity of the feeling that he or she has been there before and loves the area. One more excerpt from this peom that shows the strong bond between the person and the land of San Juan is when it say the following.

"Yours is the life that I breathe,my inspiration is yours, my thought is yours yours every sentiment

that is born in my heart."

This basically shows he/she giving all that she hasto devote to the aesthetic beauty of the land. I belive all people should really connect themselves with the land they are brought up in. For me, I connect with India the same way as described in this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment